This is a general shout-out to anyone interested in doing trail work at Turtle River State Park this weekend. This will be the first of two to three days (not in a row) of work that needs to be done to finish the loop for END-TOMBED (coming up October 29th).
If you are attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org and say who you are and what you're bringing so we can get an accurate count.
- Sunday, September 18th
- 1:30-4:30 PM at Turtle River State Park
Directions to site:
- Enter TRSP, stop at ranger station to get $5 vehicle pass if you don't have one (free entry pending, we're asking)
- Take first right after ranger station.
- Continue north until you pass second bridge; park in lot to the right.
What to bring (if you have it):
- Long pants/long-sleeved shirt (stinging nettles and bugs are possible)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Rakes (leaf and rock)
- Weed-whackers or machetes for soft stuff
- Handsaws for woody debris. There may be one tree still in place, so a chainsaw or cordless power saw might be useful.
- Other implements of construction if you think they will be useful.
- Your mountain bike!
We will be more clearing brush than benching trail, so please don't bring a bulldozer or anything like that. This is (for the moment) a temporary trail to be used for the END-TOMBED, however we plan to construct it to be as sustainable as possible in hopes that it can become a permanent part of the park.
We're looking into getting some pizza delivered for volunteers at some point as well.
One or two other trail days will include constructing a temporary bridge (for the race) across the Turtle River (at the end of the new trail) and clearing out brush on the other side of the river.
|There she is, in all her glory - the END-TOMBED trail (KMZ). Be afraid, be very afraid......|