Uff Da Mud Run
Mudman Schmudman. Tough Mudder? Oh Brother. Warrior Dash? Too much flash. Go UFF-DA!
Welcome to the Uff Da mud run - obstacle racing Extreme North Dakota (END) style. Your hosts, Ole and Lena invite you to participate in an 'extremely' fun and challenging 5K course that will encompass roughly 20 obstacles as it winds its way along the Greenway in Greater Grand Forks. There are lots of reasons why this race will be different than the plethora of other events that seem to be popping up everywhere these days - so before you choose which one to do make sure to check out our FAQ page, and as Ole would say - "Yust make dat der choice visely!"
Details: Racer updates provided via Facebook event page.
Date: Sept 7, 2013
- Solo adult, male or female
Solo youth (aged 13 to 17), male or female:
- Youth aged 13-17 can compete only with event waiver signed by parent or guardian.
Solo adult ELITE, male or female - CASH FOR TOP PLACINGS!
- Elite adults must submit proof of a recent 5K performance in under 25 minutes (men) or 28 minutes (women) in order to qualify for elite status. There will be ONE elite wave with a maximum size of 100 racers. A minimum of 20% of the revenue recieved from elite category entries will be awarded as cash prizing in the category.
Family (one adult and up to two kids 6-12):
- Larger families can add adults/children. One adult can accompany a maximum of two kids in this category.
Registration Fees: Registration opens on Jan. 1st, 2013. Registration closes Thurs, Sept 5th, at midnight. Please see registration page for open waves, and keep in mind that waves start times are tentative, and that waves may be combined/eliminated or added depending on registration numbers nearing race day. Racers in elimintated waves will automatically be re-registered in the nearest non-eliminated wave. Any reassignments will be announced in the week leading up to the event on the UFF DA facebook event page, along with other pre-race information (obstacle teasers, pre-race prize drawings, etc etc), so make sure you like the page!
- Recreational adults - $40 per person (before April 1st), $50 pp (before August 1st), $60 pp (after August 1st).
- Elite adults - $50 per person (before April 1st), $60 pp (before August 1st), $70 pp (after August 1st).
- Recreational Youth $30 per person (before April 1st), $40 pp (before August 1st), $50 pp (after August 1st).
Family - $50 for one adult/one child (before April 1st), $60 (before August 1st), $70 pp (after August 1st).
- Larger families should add $40 for each additional adult and $10 for each child between 6 and 12. One adult can accompany a maximum of two kids in this category.
Location/Schedule: Grand Cities Greenway. Start Location/End Location and Schedule - TBD.
Entry includes: A great race, ENDracing swag, free drink ticket and free Dakota Harvest Cookie (Ole and Lena's favorite!), lots of mud, post race festivities, and a finisher award (see the faq page for details).
Course Layout: Coming soon!
Other details: Coming soon!
Refund Policy: Sorry, there are no refunds of your registration fee if the race happens. and the race will happen under all weather conditions, unless the interstates are closed. In event of such severe weather, a modified course may be offered on the same day or an alternate date chosen. Registered racers unable to make the new date would be offered credit towards another ENDracing event in an amount equal to 75% of the registration cost. If the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, flood, or natural disaster, all registered racers will receive the 75% credit. In the extremely unlikely event that the event is cancelled for other reasons (lack of participant numbers, for example), full refunds will be provided, of course.
Woo Hoo! You are going to be part of history! The first ever mud run in Grand Forks, ND! Go get 'em tiger!
All profits from this event - and all ENDracing events - will help support Ground UP adventures, a local North Dakota non-profit dedicated to bringing adventure to the region's youth and larger communities.