The Grand Cities Greenway provides an awesome setting for this exciting and challenging event. Race solo or as a relay team on a course designed to test you on each leg of the race with off trail travel, so come prepared! ENDracing and the Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals team up to put on the Iceman each year - a collaboration that ensures it is the perfect balance of fun and brutality - heavy on the former and light (but not without) the latter. After all, it is Extreme North Dakota! Part of the Grand Forks Winter Series.
Date: Saturday, February 8th 2014
Categories: Male and female Yeti (solo), male relay team, female relay team, and mixed relay team.
Registration Fee: dates TBD
- Yeti (Solo) - $40 early reg, $50 regular reg, $60 race day.
- Relay (team of 3) - $90 early reg, $105 regular reg, $120 race day.
- Early packet pick up - Ski and Bike shop, Friday before race. Racers receive 15% off in store purchases.
- Race - Lincoln Park Warming House, Grand Forks, ND. Race day registration opens at 7:30 am. Race begins at 9 am.
- Race morning refreshments (coffee, awesome baked goods) available starting at 7:30 am
- Post race meal starts available from about 11 am.
- Awards will begin at roughly 12 am, or as soon as top places have been determined.
- Prize Raffle - following awards. Racers still on the course will have prizes held for them in the event they win a raffle prize.
Entry includes: A great race, ENDracing swag, electronic timing, awesome post race refreshments, and an awesome prize pool including raffle prizes.
Refund Policy: Sorry, there are no refunds of your registration fee if the race happens. and the race will happen under all weather conditions, unless the interstates are closed. In event of such severe weather, a modified course may be offered on the same day or an alternate date chosen. Registered racers unable to make the new date would be offered credit towards another ENDracing event in an amount equal to 75% of the registration cost. If the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, flood, or natural disaster, all registered racers will receive the 75% credit. In the extremely unlikely event that the event is cancelled for other reasons (lack of participant numbers, for example), full refunds will be provided, of course.
Event Waiver: Click here to see the event waiver. Please print one and fill it out and bring it to pre-registration/registration. We will have extras in the event you forget. You will not be allowed to race without a signed waiver.
Other details: Ski's are available for rent for the event through the Ski and Bike shop for $5. Biking will be paved biking trails, groomed snow-mobile trails, and possible short sections of other trail. Running will be mostly on snow-mobile trails. The race finishes with a sledding leg - racers can bring their own sleds or use those available at the warming house on a first come, first served basis.
It's an ENDracing event, so be prepared for anything!
All profits from this event - and all ENDracing events - will help support Ground UP adventures, a local North Dakota non-profit dedicated to bringing adventure to the region's youth and larger communities.