We have several races in 2023 (see the front page). If you're interested in helping out at a particular race, please read through the information about that race and get in touch with us through this form. Feel free to ask questions!
We'll reach out to groups of volunteers periodically, so please save the race date(s) after you submit the form.
Our big volunteer needs are (but are not limited to):
- Safety motorboats for END-WET. We need to have at least one EMT/safety/emergency-drop boat patrolling the river for the duration of the race.
- We reimburse boat and vehicle gas, other payment negotiable (at least $150).
- If you have an afternoon free during race week, we also set up mile markers on the course.
- Remote aid station volunteers for the Wilderman triathlon. CPR/first aid/wilderness rescue/EMT training is nice to have but not required. Bonus if you can bring an ATV to shuttle yourself and supplies around.
- Amateur radio operators for the Wilderman triathlon (what is amateur radio?). We're interested in ham radio operators to cover parts of the course that don't have cell reception. Please include your call sign, how long of a shift you think you could do, would you be interested in camping overnight, and any other information you think is important. We want to work within everyone's abilities and schedule. Most checkpoints are on gravel roads if you prefer to operate from a vehicle, and a few may need folks to hike or ATV in. This is a long race with relatively few racers, but that doesn't make communication less important! Happy to answer any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the form below.
- For non-hams, the reason for this is so we can legally use radios with more power than your typical walkie talkie, and local repeaters to extend range. If you're interested in getting a license, please reach out to Beek (W1CDN) or your local amateur radio club.
Other volunteer needs include:
- Timing for various races.
- Aid station personnel (help people fill up on food and water, basic first aid if needed, etc.)
- Course setup and teardown (notably for Wilderman, END-TOMBED, END-TRAILS)
- Social media updates (if you like doing this sort of thing)
END-WET note: In 2023, swimmers are required to bring their own paddlers. If you want to volunteer as a paddler, please head to the Marathon Swimmers Forum END-WET 2023 thread and offer your services.