We have several races in 2021 (see the front page). If you're interested in helping out at a particular race, please read through the information about that race and get in touch with us through this form. Feel free to ask questions!
We'll reach out to groups of volunteers periodically, so please save the race date(s) after you submit the form.
Our big volunteer needs are (but are not limited to):
- Support paddlers for the END-WET downriver swim. Little experience necessary (and you're paddling pretty slowly), but it's a long day on the water. We'll have canoes and kayaks available, but bringing your own helps us out.
- We pay $150 per support boat.
- Safety motorboats for END-WET. We need to have at least one EMT/safety/emergency-drop boat patrolling the river for the duration of the race.
- We reimburse boat and vehicle gas, other payment negotiable (at least $150).
- Remote aid station volunteers for the Wilderman triathlon. CPR/first aid/wilderness rescue/EMT training is nice to have but not required. Bonus if you can bring an ATV to shuttle yourself and supplies around.
- If you have a ham radio license, please include your license class. We're interested in ham radio operators to cover parts of the course that don't have cell reception.
- For non-hams, the reason for this is so we can legally use radios with more power, among other things. If you're interested in getting a license, please reach out.
Other volunteer needs include:
- Timing for various races.
- Aid station personnel (help people fill up on food and water, basic first aid if needed, etc.)
- Course setup and teardown (notably for Wilderman, END-TOMBED, END-TRAILS)
- Social media updates (if you like doing this sort of thing)