We have several races in 2023 (see the front page). If you're interested in helping out at a particular race, please read through the information about that race and get in touch with us through this form. Feel free to ask questions!
We'll reach out to groups of volunteers periodically, so please save the race date(s) after you submit the form.
Our big volunteer needs are (but are not limited to):
- Safety motorboats for END-WET. We need to have at least one EMT/safety/emergency-drop boat patrolling the river for the duration of the race.
- We reimburse boat and vehicle gas, other payment negotiable (at least $150).
- If you have an afternoon free during race week, we also set up mile markers on the course.
- Remote aid station volunteers for the Wilderman triathlon. CPR/first aid/wilderness rescue/EMT training is nice to have but not required. Bonus if you can bring an ATV to shuttle yourself and supplies around.
- If you have a ham radio license, please include your license class or call sign. We're interested in ham radio operators to cover parts of the course that don't have cell reception.
Other volunteer needs include:
- Timing for various races.
- Aid station personnel (help people fill up on food and water, basic first aid if needed, etc.)
- Course setup and teardown (notably for Wilderman, END-TOMBED, END-TRAILS)
- Social media updates (if you like doing this sort of thing)
END-WET note: In 2023, swimmers are required to bring their own paddlers. If you want to volunteer as a paddler, please head to the Marathon Swimmers Forum END-WET 2023 thread and offer your services.